Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Smoking..

The most amazing thing happened to me! I snagged me a prescription for Chantix back in January.  I am proud to say, "I don't smoke." Yep, this chica has finally beat the habit. I've been trying to keep it quiet because truthfully once you are a smoker its soo easy to give in to the urge and light up again. I have resisted the urge/craving/desire (whatever you may call it). I have been clean for over 5 months. 

What did I do so I wouldn't think about smoking? Is the question that runs through everyones mind that has ever tried to quit. Its one of the worst things too, to be setting there and having nothing to occupy your mind or hands. So I thought I'd share some of the things I did.

1. Couponing- yes, krazy coupon lady coming through. One of the best things to obsess over is saving money. If you do this and quit you will feel rich! Saving money is never a bad thing.

2. Manicures- YouTube has great videos that show you how to paint angry birds, watermelons, and flowers on your nails.

3. Pogo- I have been obsessed with pogo for years. So many games available. Plus you can get the app on your phone too. Play word games and different versions of solitare games where ever you may be.

Even after 5 months I occasionally have the urge. I try to stay busy and not think about it. Currently I'm gardening. My tomatoes, peppers, onions, and herbs are looking great.

(I will share pics of my stockpile from my couponong and some of my nail art)

No comments:

Post a Comment