Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Some of my favorite things!

I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite items!

We will start with my hair products... I'm a huge Sally Beauty fan. So most of my products come from there. My current favorites that helps me achieve my current look is Beyond the Zone Frozen stiff and the spike it hair cement. They give me an all day hold even in the worst humidity.

Now for make up I will start with brands. The first will be Milani. I can't live without their awesome eye primer or the liquif'eye metalic eyeliner.  The eye primer is the best! I have tried a few and I've never seen the staying power or how well it lets the color show. I've found that a few of then tend to be dark and it shows through on the lighter shades of eye shadows. However, Milani's primer lets white be white. You get some of the best vibrant color by using it.

The Milani Liquif'eye eyeliner is well.. the best pencil eyeliner out there! If you are looking for a real and I mean real black eyeliner then this is it. Milani has the best pigment with their black. I tried Aqua eyes and the black was closer to grey. It doesn't hold a candle to Milani black. It holds up really well on your waterline, too.

The liquid liner that is my favorite is the Stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner. I decided to recently try this one because the one I was using was peeling off during the day. Generally I wouldn't have went for a pen eyeliner, but I'm sooo glad I decided to go a head and try it anyway. This eyeliner holds up all day. The black is a great matte black. The liquid comes out smoothly. It applies great and doesn't need more than one application to show up on darker eyeshadows.

I love false eyelashes. However, on a typical day it seems a bit much for me to apply them. So I've been on the search for a great mascara that will give me a great lash look without being too showy. The one that has my heart at the moment is... Tart's Lights, Camera, Lashes! I love this mascara. It doesn't gunk up your lashes like some of the other brands. It gives good coverage of each eyelash and doesn't end up looking like spider legs.

I have some of the driest skin and that includes my lips. So I need a great lip moisturizer or I'll end up looking like I've been out in the dessert for a week without water. So my moisturizers I love are the Nivea lip butters. I have them all of the place and in every flavor. Its a great way to keep them lips smooth when you don't need any color or spf. Now my favorite clear lip balm with spf currently has to be Maybeline Baby Lips. Throw on a lip stain and coat in Baby lips and I'm good to go.

I have found the Holy Grail at Sephora's! I have used so many eyelash curlers over the years. Truthfully I hated each and everyone. I would want to skip curling my eyelashes than to use the curlers. That was until now:) Tart has a eyelash curler that is worth every bit of money hands down. Its called the Picture Perfect eyelash curler. I will never us another eyelash curler again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment