Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My first deer!

Willie and me decided to go out hunting this morning. At about 10:15am Willie texts me about the 4 pointer. He did a gut shot on him. He got up and was headed down towards my way.

Well I looked up from my phone and there stood a huge big bodied buck but was a 3 pointer. He was just taking his sweet old time coming out. So I stood up and took a shot. At the time I thought I missed and the deer went down towards Willie.

So Willie was down from his stand to see if he had hit his deer. Well he found out he did a gut shot on it. As he was washing his arrow in the creek he scared a deer.

As I was setting in my stand waiting for Willie to tell me if he shot his.. The same buck came back out and gave me another perfect shot on him. So I pulled back and let my pink arrow fly. This time though I could see my arrow sticking out of him as he ran off!

First we started to track willies buck. We lost the blood trail pretty quick so we decided to check mine. We found his blood trail pretty easily. He was running the four wheeler path that we made. He ran forever though!

We finally found him across the creek. We almost tripped over him. The bad thing was he was also still alive. He jumps up and runs from us. As he's running we could see my pink arrow still lodged in his ribs and he had a huge hole in his stomach. Now we had been tracking him from 10:30am until 4:00pm.

So the buck Willie shot came circling around and came out by me. I shot and he ran. Willie scared him back to me, which gave me a second chance to shoot. I hit and then after 7 hours he still wasn't down!

We can't find my first arrow. So we are unsure if I hit the first time or not but still two shots? If someone shoots me twice I wouldn't run no mile. Of course, we shoot the only Rambo deer out there.

So tomorrow we are going to go back out after the kids leave for school and try to find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment