Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Slow times in southern Ohio

Over the last week hunting Has been slow! Between the weather and the deer just not moving until after dark we haven't seen anything!

We was out in the stands at 3pm on Wednesday hoping to see something between t-storms but we had people over on the properties around us shooting and riding 4 wheelers. So we didn't have anything come through.

I had plans of going out this morning but my 13 year old son has shingles. Now that was a bit of a surprise for us. As far as we knew he never had chicken pox or the vaccine. So I had to call and get his shot records to prove to his current doctor he didn't have the shot. The only thing we can figure that happened was when he was little during one of the many time he was exposed he actually did get the chicken pox virus. He just never showed any symptoms until he came down with the shingles. He was a lucky one too with those, 8 chicken pox on his lower eye lid. Plus with the new meds they give has them cleared up within 2 days!

The hubby doesn't work on Sunday so we will be clear to hunt most of next week. I'll have to take off Monday evening for my sons 14th birthday but if the weather is good I'll be out in my stand again! So hopefully my next post will be about a deer one of us has dropped! Wish me luck so I can catch up to the guys:)

No comments:

Post a Comment