Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Quiet in these woods..

October 5 we went out in the morning to setup a stand over the little hill from the two man. This is where the big 9 and the doe was playing around at on Tuesday.

While we was out we tweaked the hang-on to a better angle also. We figured if we was going to disrupt everything then we should make sure everythings the way we need it. We got everything all finished and we went a head and tried to hunt the area.

Unfortunately, we didn't see anything. So for Thursday October 6 we decided not to do our normal hunt and let the area stay quiet.

A friend of ours calls us on Saturday to find out if he can hunt with us. We've known him for a good 14 years and of course we was all willing to have him come out and hunt with us.

The guys had to work a 16 on Sunday so it was just me and Eugene last night. They was jealous but was still hoping I'd finally have a chance to drop a deer.

The temp was 80 but Ooge hasn't really got to do much hunting and technically heat hasn't stopped any of us in the past. So off we went to the stands. I hunted the new one man and Ooge hunted the hang-on.

We was in there from 4:30-7:20pm and we didn't hear anything. The temp started dropping about 6:30pm but still wasn't enough to make the deer get up and move.

Today's temps are suppose to be in the 80's again. Which means we will probably not see much if anything at all. That of course will not stop us because there is always a chance:) I have to drop my deer soon since both of the guys have dropped theirs. I got catch up to them quickly or they'll never let me live it down.

Despite the fact I'm running behind in this me vs them race.. I'm loving it. My deer streak will come a long and I'll get my drops:) If not oh well.. Will not be the first time I've went the year and walked out with nothing but my expired tags:)

No comments:

Post a Comment