Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I support "Racks"!

As I set here in my stand I decided to go a head a post about a conversation I was involved in today.

This conversation happen to be about the color pink on women's hunting items. Now I'm a huge fan in and out of the woods of the color pink.

As I have said before in my posts I have bought the Pink Project Arrows and the Pink Project Imnerloc Broadheads. I'm proud to support both deer racks and Research for women to save their "racks". I also have pink accessories for my bow and my gear has pink on it.

The chief complaint was that their shouldn't be gender specifics because it cause them vs. Us. Also they claim that the pink items doesn't work...

Now this boggles my mind. Me being a woman hunting with two men hasn't ever wanted to be lumped in with them. I am a woman and even of my clothes doesn't have the color pink will not change that.

For starters I always thought I was on the other team anyway. Me wearing different clothing with pink on it wouldn't change that. I'm female.. I'll always be competing agains the male hunting population.

Clothes isn't going to change the minds of those that feel they are superior to us. Truthfully I feel that women who are making a point not to be a woman on the field is feeling like men are more superior.

Your gender has nothing to do with the way your bow/gun shoots. A a matter of fact neither does your clothes. If you shoot and are a good shot then it'll drop that deer.

Own your color of choice. It may not be pink but another "girl" color. Just don't forget that you are a woman and even knee deep in mud you need to bring it! Be proud of that these companies are supporting you and are making clothes to fit our curvy asses:)

Which now it brings me to the other topic.. Pink stuff doesn't work! Seriously? People? Doesn't work? Just because its pink does mean it will not work. We are of course back to the women want to be viewed as a guy again. If you like it and it's pink it'll work no different then the brown version.

I know I heard the complaint that turkeys have wonderful eye sight. For starters if you want to use that pink turkey call get a blind! That's why they make them. Nobody or anything will get to see through to even notice you are using pink!

We women accessories everyday of our lives. Why wouldn't we do the same for our hunting setup?

I use a Mathews bow and I bought the pink accessories. They sell tons of limbsavers, peeps sights, bow straps, string stops, and bow strings in all sorts of colors. Pick one and go! Be the woman that can be proud of her sexuality and her choice to hunt.

Be yourself! Bring it and show males and females a like that you got what it takes. I brought it to the woods today , now can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment