Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Getting ready for spring.

We are so excited for spring! Now that deer season is over and we have had time to recover, we find our selves with extra energy.


We decided to take the wheelers to the shop for a tune up before we started on our areas for Turkey season. Well that didnt work so well. We was told they would be there for 1 week.. we got them back 4 weeks later. Yeah that was horrible! Then to beat it all we got back the 250 not working at all. I'm not sure how you take in a 4 Wheeler that runs and when you pick it up it doesn't. Any how we ended up putting in new rings in it. The 3rd one we didn't even have him work on it. The voltage regulator was shot in it. It was a simple 5 minute job that would've taken the shop forever to do.


So we put off work on the areas waiting on them all to be working again. Some how we got side tracked during all this and decided we was going to make the garden bigger this year. So pretty much all of Wednesday I spent knocking trees over, hauling them a way, and knocking out weeds all most as tall as me. Yep hard work was done that day.


While I did that the guys cleaned carbs,  changed pull cords, sharpened blades, and cleaned fuel pumps in rototiller, chain saws, and riding lawn mowers.


We needed everything in tip top shape this season. So now that we have the area completely cleared out, we can disc it and then start tilling it all up.


We also have been doing some shooting already. I've been trying to break in my 20 gauge that I bought during deer season. I shot through 2 boxes of shells so far LOL. Need to find time to make it out and do a couple more boxes before Turkey. 


I also have been shooting my new 45! I'm so completely in love with it. Its a Taurus 24/7, its built like the millinum except it has the decocker and hammer back indicator.


We will be shifting the stands around soon. With all the rain we have been having the river is threating our hunting spots again. So as soon as the weather dries out we will be putting out feeders and cameras! We also have a lot of clean up work to do. Between the flooding dragging tree branches to our area and the wind knocking them down, we have a huge mess to clean up. It'll take us a few weeks to remove it all.


I have my fingers crossed that the rain will be over with before Turkey season. Last year our areas was flooded and we didn't even get to see a Turkey. I'm anxious to put a Turkey on my list that I have killed! So maybe I'll do the anti-rain dance to keep it a way.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment