Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Throw me a life vest!

in previous post I have talked about how close we are to the creek and during spring turkey we was flooded...

Well it's been raining like crazy here! Since we are surrounded by the creek on 3 of four sides of our areas we went to check on them. Last week they creek had flooded some from the rain and we was worried that with the current rain fall we might end up being under water.

So yesterday we bundled up in rain gear and (let me add it was a thunderstorm) went to check how much the creek had came up. To our relief the creek was still below it's bank! We felt confident that we didn't have anything to worry about.

So we decided since the rain had finally stopped today that we was all going out to hunt. We went over at 3:00pm and as we pulled up we could see one side of the creek over the hill. The entire creek was at the edge of the bank!

We decided that instead of hunting we would go move the feeders and the blind in case it came up higher. We took the path that leads to my stand on the other end of the property. As week started around the curve we had a shock.. The creek had came up 400 yards and was all the way to the ridge that separates my side and the cornfield. My stand, ghetto stand, hang on, creek stand, blind, and both feeders are in water! So the only hunting we could do was with a raft.. And damn we had forgotten to pack them.

I guess there will be no hunting for us for a few day:( Ohio gun season starts Sunday and we are hoping that the water will be down and with in it's banks by then. If not we may be going to one of the other properties that we haven't hunted yet.

I'm going to try and keep my hunting DT's at bay with help from the outdoor channel and maybe even some pouting. This hunting season has not been good for us this year. Turkey was ruined by the flooding, I lost my buck, and now we have 4/5 stands flooded out. You never know what will happen when you are a huntress:)

No comments:

Post a Comment