Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

spring Turkey season 2012

Its hard to believe that Turkey season starts this weekend for the kids. Hubby will be taking Matt out to let him have a chance and I'm really praying he gets one.


He didn't hunt much this past year because 2010 he lost the deer he shot. We couldn't find it anywhere. Then last spring Turkey we was flooded and we never did see any.


When deer season arrived he participated only for kids gun weekend. We had so much flooding during November that it was blocking many of the paths the deer had been traveling. So he didn't even get a chance for a shot.


Now he's trying for Turkey. If he can land him one it'll boost him and I hope will get him excited to go back to deer this September. I enjoy hunting with him and would love to be back out there with him and it gives him and his dad some good time together.


On another note.. we've been raising chickens! Yeah me the city girl has 12 chickens. I have 3 already in my coop and 9 tweeting a way in my kitchen.


The first three (3) are Easter eggers. I've never raised chickens, I didn't want to buy to many and realize that I sucked at this. I randomly picked 3 that I liked and that's when we found out that they laid colored eggs.


I actually enjoyed my chickens. Watching them and listening to their non-stop chattering. They finally was big enough for the coop so we took them out there and went and bout 9 other chickens.


We've had the 9 Chicks for 2 weeks now. We have 6 bantoms, 2 golden conkers, and another Easter egger. Here in about 2 weeks these will be big enough to put out in the coop with the others.


My garden has been doing pretty good. I've put out my onions, peas, and carrots so far. They even survived the frost we had! I was so excited to see that they made it.


I'll be planting the rest the first of may. The weather is suppose to drop back down into the low 30's next week. Yeah cold weather again.


I'm not excited and getting tired of 90* weather and then 40's. But since I can't control it what can I do? Nothing except deal with it.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment